You have no items in your shopping cart.
Updated July 2015
Funstra respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What Information we Collect
The information that we collect about customers helps us to enhance and improve the shopping experience of customers at our web site. We receive and store information you have entered on our web site and by any other means. So that we can process and ship your order we require your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card details. We use this information to confirm your order and may contact you if we have a question about your order. We may also contact you to verify your credit card information for your protection.
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you select. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes, we will seek your agreement beforehand. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, demographic information like gender, age, relationship status and so on, products you are interested in, what you purchase, who you shop for and where else you like to shop.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from our customers in the following ways:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- submit your personal details through our website.
We also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others, who disclose to their users that the users’ personal information is provided to businesses like Funstra. We do this in the following ways:
- the customer has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint
We usually only retain unsolicited information about our customers when dealing with a customer enquiry or complaint or where we conduct an investigation.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products. We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research and data analysis, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Personalising our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, eg. credit card information;
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell, distribute or share your information with unrelated third parties. As part of our business operations, we do use agents, other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages and providing customer service.
We never disclose personal information to unrelated third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfillment contractors; and
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, predominantly to the United States of America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region, including where: we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas; we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or an international payment has been made.
We realise the sensitivity of the information that you provide us with at Funstra and make every effort possible to secure and protect your personal and credit card information.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
Where data is held by third parties, we require them to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Ordering products from our online store is designed to be as simple as possible, while still providing security and privacy for all your details. You can pay for goods using a credit card and your credit card data is transmitted directly to the bank in real time in encrypted form and complies to the highest security standards prescribed for data of this kind. We do not store any of the credit card details you submit at all, providing you with additional security over other online merchants.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier that enables us to identify you when you visit our online store and to store the items you choose to purchase in your shopping cart.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Email and Newsletter
We currently have an email newsletter list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our newsletter, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. Our email subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our marketing communications to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please click here.
Funstra is designed for purchases to be made by adults only and does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use Funstra online store with the consent and assistance of a parent or guardian.
While we have made every attempt to make this privacy and security policy as clear as possible, if you have any further questions about it, please contact us.